Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Hereitage Site

My Heritage Site
by Robert Henry Wieking
INTRODUCTION


I am Robert Henry Wieking, Professor Emeritus, Builder, Designer, and Genealogist. I live in Ellensburg, WA and am married to Nancy (Keathley) Wieking. I have spent a good deal of time collecting and researching my family histories and will present this collection in four major sections:

1) SECTION 1: Histories of my parents' lines, Wieking and Huttmann. These will be delineated in terms of the histories of my grandparents' lines(PARTS 1 through 4): Wilhelm Wieking, Christine Gerdes, Hugo Huttmann, and Frieda Grote.

2) SECTION 2: My connection to German Immigration to Hawaii-C.W. Grote and August Bomke.

3) SECTION 3: My immigrant German connection to the Yukon Gold Rush-Martin and Lucy Itjen

4) SECTION 4: The German immigrant community in Oakland, CA

I am going to share my knowledge by primarily by writing in the first person " I ". I do hope that all of my cousins and other relatives will excuse this but it will be fare easier for me.... And my cousins can use "my" framework in order to sleuth their historical locations in terms of my historical relationships.

Another point to be made in this introduction is that all of my ancestors are very closely aligned with Germany and its history. As I am fond of saying, "three of my grandparents were born in Germany and the fourth, it could be said, was born in German Kauai."

No comments: